Follow SkyBrex

Saturday 22 February 2014

Day 1: Biman Bangladesh DC-10-30 S2-ACR Takeoff + Landing | 15 EGBB/BHX | 22nd ...


By gregster295 Aviation & Rail Videography
Published on 24 Feb 2014

Day 1 of Biman Bangladesh DC 10 S2-ACR Final Scenic Flight
Biman Bangladesh DC-10-30 S2-ACR Takeoff + Landing | 15 EGBB/BHX | 22nd February 2014
As I received news around two months ago of the DC-10 coming to Birmingham, I made advance plans to see this stunning aircraft for the last time. I went down to Birmingham Airport for the first time in years and found a suitable spot very quickly.

Biman Bangladesh announced a few months ago that the last ever flying DC-10 was going to have pleasure flights at Birmingham Airport and I for one could not miss this valuable opportunity. I got down to Birmingham and looked around for a perfect spot. I found one easily and started filming.

Here we have the last ever passenger DC-10 S2-ACR 'New Era' lining up on 15, taking off on BG008, landing on BG008 then taxiing to stand at Birmingham Airport on the 22nd February 2014.

Farewell to a true icon of aviation!